25.9.13

Say what you MEAN?

We've been working on this thing where we actually make an effort to think before we talk and try to weigh our words and decide if they are the right things to say for the moment. 

We've also been working on our actions...same principal. 

My kids win most days.

I'm a work in progress. 

We're about three weeks into back to school and lunchbox drama. 

My middle son has submitted to his first  hunger strike on sandwiches. 

They prefer sushi and hot food. I'm trying to score a thermos at a good price and honestly we've just been going nonstop...so we've all been eating smoked turkey sandwiches or variations thereof constantly. 

So the other morning I opened his lunch bag and there was a yet another sandwich left from the day before. 

I yelled  called his name. 

He came. I apologized for yelling. Regrouped on the principals in practice. 

Hun? 
Why don't you eat your lunches?
They're not gross!
Yes they are the same thing everyday but you're wasting bro!!

I remembered I should give him a chance to speak before I went into chapter two of whatever I was rambling. 

He looked at me and smiled. 

"I don't really know how to say this Mom...but you need  to be more creative!"

Smh. 

Mother's child. 

Shut me up.

Cucumber rolls next week. 

I love him.  

CJ

5 comments:

  1. That is the Myles I know. My suggestion, challenge him to get up early (which is bordering impossibility) and work with you on his suggestions on preparing his lunch. Sushi (raw fish) should not be considered, your are inviting samonella poisoning etc.
    Have fun, love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about Myles- we say sushi...he's mostly hooked on cucumber rolls!

    Thanks for the great advice though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ah! Myles his mother's child.

    ReplyDelete