22.2.13

hockey hair?

The kid will not cut his hair.
Whenever we go to Grandma and Grandpa's place, I hear it:

"What are they (my husband and I of course) doing to my grandson and his pretty hair?" 

"Who combs this?"

"You don't comb this?"

(all in a mild Bajan accent)

I casually mention that by the time she has sighted his mane he has had his hair picked out...been to Sunday school and has removed and replaced his toque about 165 times earlier the same day. 

I won't lie it's sometimes a source of contention.

(pressure?)

My husband almost refuses to touch it on a morning before school.

"If you want to grow it Aid you need to learn to take care of it yourself!"

He picks at it about 7-10 minutes a morning.
his preferred tool
He's going for the gold on this one and looks like his little brother is not too far behind.

I caught myself almost begging for Aid to get a braid up a couple of weeks ago and he let me know he wasn't having it.

He wants no part of any kind of braid or twist.

He has agreed to line-ups though.

Me:  "So what are you going to do with it then...just let it grow?"

Him: "Yes!"

So I guess this is the beginning of a boy and his hair journey.

I've currently elected Grant Fuhr for hockey hair hero of the month (at least at its current length.)
Read more about Mr. Fuhr here.

What a career!


Here's a song I wrote a couple of years back it touches on the topic of esteem, the importance of family, priorities, growing up and sacrifice. 
ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment