18.1.12

Peanut Butter Brilliant

He's an intellect- an avid chatterbox and his listening skills appear on a somewhat voluntary basis but some how he never seems to miss a beat.

He finds great delight in using big words that he is convinced he understands the meaning of and as many words as possible in a breathe. As of late he's taken a liking to the words "awkward", "explaining" and the term "actually" both in and out of context.

Me: "What do you want for lunch Myles, peanut butter and jam?"

Myles: "Actually I would like to have just peanut butter on two halves and then two halves with just jam only!"

Me: "OK, so I think you wont eat 4 halves so I will give you two halves with what you asked for."

voice from kitchen "We're out of bread!"

Me: "OK, there is no bread Myles."

Myles: "OK then that's easy I will just have jam and cream cheese on my sandwich!"

Me: "What?"


One of his favourite cartoons to catch on the fly is anything Charlie Brown "because they are just so serious Mom!".

We chatted with one of his teachers at an interview and we asked how he was doing and she said sometimes she felt like he didn't belong there, she sees the kids busy working away in class and thinks to herself this kid belongs on a street corner somewhere playing a saxophone...and this is just naturally Myles. (Mom he is doing well, don't worry!)

He's a beautiful thing- when I consider his attitude and uniqueness.

He tells me he will be an inventor, a singer or something like a painter or an author when he grows up. He actually referred to the roles he has interests in as "Community Helpers" and when he did at age 4 although they probably learned the term in school...he turned something on, on the inside of me.

He's a lover of fashion and swears off of the colour pink but tells me he will wear it anyway because "it looks good on me!" (smh).

He wears ties all of the time- at home even with t-shirts because he knows what he likes.

He makes my day, like everyday.

I'm learning to savour the flavour of my little giftlings and just really cultivate an attitude of thankfulness for and towards them.

I'm not sure where he gets it from...(hopefully me) but I highly doubt it- I'm still chasing that kind of cool...

CJ

And a note of thanks for the works, life and sacrifice of the late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who was celebrated globally this week- You inspire me!

Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.

Martin Luther King, Jr.


How will you live this quote for you and inspire it in the little ones in your circles?

No comments:

Post a Comment