27.2.10

My Name is Salome

My Name is Salo-ME

Not Salo-MAY

It's easy to say, just practice with me,

SA-LOW-ME!


Not close to Salami, nor Bologna- No Meat!

It's SA-LOW-ME

SA-LOW-ME,

simply put it means peace.


Now take a deep breath, and with me recite

SA-LOW-ME

--See you did alright!


My name is Salome and I'm in your class
and these are my friends Keicha, Siobhan and Atish.
(KEY-SHA, CHEVON, A-TESH)


CJ
www.growinguptoronto.com

Just a fun poem about the wonderful world of classroom attendance and a cute little kindergartner who has heard her mother say her name over and over and over again when introducing her at the park, grocery store and other random places.

If you like this piece please feel free to share it-all I ask is that you let people know where you got it from.




2 comments:

  1. Aw! So georgeous and peaceful by name and nature.

    I love your name,
    I love your face,
    I love the whole of you.

    Your mom is great!
    Your dad the same.
    Your brothers create.
    And one day you will too!

    You are a blessing to the world.
    Beauty of all.
    To nations you will speak,
    a message to the meek.
    We patiently wait the word you will preach.

    CJ she is sweet, so precious, I adore her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we think she is pretty neat too!

    ReplyDelete