20.1.10

His Pondering...



I am a mother of three kids (please don't run away this is not another random "MommyBlog")so let's try this once again, I am a mother of three kids and some of the time…ummmm I should probably rephrase that to all of the time- I put them first and often forget about myself. It’s funny the little people I pour myself into the most are often times the ones that act as the string that I tie around my finger in order to remind myself to not forget myself many a day. So my oldest son has this weird way of asking these pure questions to me. When I say pure I mean childlike and unadulterated. So he asks me on this particular day,”So what are you going to be when you grow up Mom?”

He knows I have a job and I’ve been at that job double his lifetime but he sees something I don’t always see. He sees my job as just a job and not who I am (yes I am of that people that is almost satisfied with their job but knows it is not their dream one), he wants to know who his Mommy is by seeing her live. He knows I am a storyteller, he knows that I have a favorite pen, he knows I love to spend the majority of my time with him and his little brother and sister and I am assuming here-but I think in more ways than one he needs to see me living the things that make me happy so that he will have the confidence and some way the “know how” to do the same thing when he grows up.

He wants to play for the TFC most days when he wakes up and other days he wants to be an illustrator or a rapper and some days he looks forward to being a Daddy. A Dad that takes his kids to Chuck E. Cheeses, the YMCA, and coaches his little peoples soccer teams and tucks them in every night. Because this is what he has observed a Daddy doing.

So I guess the pressure is on now since he's asked and I have really thought about his pondering. I can't make up stories anymore when the family drops me off at the office for the day. I confessed to him that his mother is not a scientist and my work building is not an undercover laboratory where we construct superhero robots and spy gadgets by day. He was a little disappointed at my admission but I told him I'd make it up to him. ;)

So I say all that to say this-one day I got this picture of a child reading their parent a bedtime story and tucking the parent into bed and the story sounded like this:

WHISPER YOUR SECRET TO ME
Live the story right
Take your time don’t rush it
You’ll see I guarantee it
You will hit the target

You’ll make my ears listen
Get my eyes to see
The Beautiful Stories
That are a part of me
The powerful tales
That take hold of a soul
Speak to my spirit
And never let go
Magic?
Not magic!
Just love mixed with passion
This is what happens
When life interacts with
Untamed Imagination and Curiosity
The things that you dream
When you’re sleeping your sleep

Live the story right
Take your time don’t rush it
You’ll see I guarantee it
You will hit the target
CJ


If you like it please feel free to share it-all I ask is that you let people know where you got it from and just in case you're not from Toronto and you have no clue what the TFC is let me put you on: http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/

2 comments:

  1. Hello CJ,

    I enjoyed reading your posts. Keep up the good work! Clearly you have been given a gift from God and it is nice to see you using it.

    Love ya lots!

    CL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this story. Out of the mouths of babes.
    It is funny because I felt the same way when I had Nyla, i wanted her to live a life that allowed her to live her dreams. Then I thought well...how is she going to do that if I am not living mine and hence the whole change in life path. :)

    ReplyDelete

Archives